What this blog is *about*

I have decided to create this virtual space as a playground wherein to explore my *lipstick fetish*. This is a place of freedom, honesty and playfulness. Please feel free to post your questions, requests and discussion topics. Verbal violence, discrimination and narrow-mindedness are totally UNWELCOME here.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Welcome to 2007!

“I… I will begin again” –U2, “New Years Day”

Here we are at another fresh start. I love January…so *very* much more than December.
I’m so glad xmas-ing crap is over and packed back away in the boxes at the very back of the cupboard. The month of December seems to me like the entire world is holding its breath, putting life on hold for the sake of two, fleeting events.
In January it starts to feel like life is going on again, restarting, shifting into 5th gear so to speak. And as a result, there’s a silent, pervading hum of people anticipating a new year and filling up to the brim with ideas as how to spend it, what they wish to achieve and stuff of dreams and
drive.... and I *love* feeling the reverberations of that hum. There’s a vitality back in the air, the globe has exhaled the last of the xmas-strenuousness. There’s a beat of pacing forward rather than of preparations for a couple of isolated events.
“A long December and there’s reason to believe/ maybe this year will be better than the last”… (which does not necessarily imply that last was bad… things can just get better and better, if you’ll pardon the personal interpretation)- Counting Crows, “A Long December”

Anyhoo, I imagine you’re all expecting the typical “New Years Rant” post, wherein the author rants about their righteous “New Years Resolutions” or else lengthy bitching about how much these resolutions suck and bruise one’s sense of self worth when they are not achieved or totally botched up… Maybe even the prolific “I Wanna-Be A Nobel Prize Speech When I Grow Up”
odes to new beginnings…
But nah.
It’s been done.

And this young Lady would rather be busy living and *playing* (which, you bet, is part of living) so instead I wish to share some food for thought. Of the stimulating and uplifting variety…
Because, seeing as it is indeed, a new year, hope and optimism are valuable tools to give one an unfair advantage in the journey into 2007. Consider this an upgrade of your gearbox, let’s elatedly cruise into *this* one in the 6th gear folks!

So here’s the deal.

You need to go take a good long look at the pictures in this post *right now*. And enjoy them till you smile your head off. Pun intended.
Then, body *playtime* done, you need to move on to brain *playtime*. Get your ass over to
this website pronto: http://edge.org/q2007/q07_index.html

There’s a reason why bad news is News and good news isn’t published… but it doesn’t mean it’s not happening, even bountifully at times. That URL over there is where to go if you like being world savvy or are in desperate need to be reassured that this planet isn’t going straight to hell (who the hell came up with that idiotic concept anyways?). This is an *amazing* collection of essays by scientists and others from across the globe and across the various disciplines,
containing a wealth of insight and hope.

Enjoy this round too ;-)

Happy, happy, happy new year *everyone*…

And if you all really want to know, mine got off to wonderful, plentiful-lipstick-frollicking start. I could purr *so* much right now you could make your girlfriend sit on me instead of using the
vibrator.

Much, much thanks to the lover that knows how to unselfconsciously and happily *play*…and how to just *be*…


(P.S. I've been trying, intermittently, though frequently nonetheless, to attach the last two photos I chose for this post for the past 24hrs plus and my patience is completely frayed and worn and my second best tube of luscious colour has been worn down to uselessness. Thus I am begrudgingly making this post. Mayhap the morrow will see Blogger giving me less grief... I really, really, really hope! There's 2 texts and 11 pictures, plus the remaining, better 2 from this set, ready to go... Fneh. I'm off to go offer more silken sacrifices to the Goddesses Of Lipstick...)

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Lady Lipstick is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.