Your Lady Lipstick really is just another human being out there, traversing this crazy planet from day to day, trying to get by and enjoy the ride to the best of my abilities.
I can look like crap in the morning too, fussed-up hair, smudged eyeliner, worn and smeared lipstick, puffy-eyed and grumpy… Shuffling around the house in clothes that don’t always make me feel or look particularly sexy.
And, like you, I can also have my bad days.
Bad weeks in this case…
But have no fear, I’m not going launch into a tour d’force about my workload or the people I’m currently disgusted with, rather, I’m going to show you the result of my efforts to bring myself back to peace with the world, or society I should rather say…
And me.
So there I was, feeling utterly out of joint and wracking my mind for an answer as to why people can be so awful to each other, when I got to thinking about some old psychological theory…
I ask you to bear with me, put aside impatience for but a moment and follow this train of thought, oh, and do enjoy the photos along the way…
Right, according to Freud every one of us “splits our ego” (that is to say our understanding of our Self as a separate, unique identity) at what is called “The Mirror Phase” of our phsychological development as children. We need to divide our identity in order to be able to know it, to be able to investigate the various aspects of it as we would our reflections in the bathroom mirror.
(The sun and the moon/light and darkness)

This leads to a couple of problems Jacques Lacan investigates in his theory of “The Other”. This theory stipulates that the dividing of the ego, in an attempt to make the notion of identity a stable,
boundaried entity, leads us to demonize or exoticize (“put on a pedestal” if you will) the parts our Self we have split, which we project onto other people around us. This is supposed to be the core reason why some people succumb to racism, why others romanticize the idea of life amongst tribes untouched by modern life, why some women unmitigatingly despise men, why some men become slaves to the female form…
In Lacan’s theory, we’re all driven by fear, even our desires stem from it: fear of loss.
Well I think that’s crap. Fear that is.
It makes us do stupid things to one another, sometimes directly to a specific other, and sometimes that other just gets the bruises of being in the way of someone’s blindly self-centred mission.
(Male and female/masculinity and feminity) I really think the human race would be a happier one if we could just acknowledge these partitions we carry in our identity, let them kiss and make-up, and allow them to comfortably co-exist in our Selves. Like two sides to the same coin. The coin is a singular entity, but, yes, it always lands one side up (the dominant side of the divided aspect) and that’s okay.
So, to do this for myself, I thought I’d conduct a marriage ceremony in lipstick on my body. I guess this shoot qualifies more as art than erotica, but, with all due sincerity, I enjoyed it as much as any other shoot on this blog. Not only did it help me feel better but, hey, this “my body is my temple” jazz sure helps me feel sublimely sexy when I’m down. Cheers to that.
(0 and 1/being and non-being/subjectivity and objectivity)

“I’d give my heart and soul to know why
we spend all of our lives
going out of our minds,
looking back to our birth,
forward to our demise.
Even scientists say
everything is just light,
not created, destroyed,
but eternally bright.
Masters in every time,
lord in every place,
those who stood up for love
in spite of the hate” –Live, “They Stood Up For Love”
And when we put aside our fear, and “stand up for love”…

We achieve…

3 comments:
Wow.
I found myself actually being distracted by the pictures for once. Normally (I'll be honest), the fetish takes over in visual form and the eyes trail to your lipstick covered body.
This time was different. And while I enjoyed the pictures (this is in no way a criticism of them), I found myself going back to re-read your words.
You are an amazing writer. In touch with your sexuality in such a way that has me coming back to this site each and every day to see if you've given me more words to drink up with delerium.
Thank you for that.
And now back to the photos-they were art. Thank you for that, as well.
-An LL Fan
Dear Lady Lipstick!
Thank you for always listen to what ever troubles my worried mind. You have been so kind and helpful giving me all those truly helpful advices. I only regret that I didn’t overcome my shyness earlier in the first place…
*Kisses* from your Lipstick-Angel
LL Fan: Yet another amazing response from you... Allow me to categorically state that it is an honour for Yours Truly to have people such as yourself perusing this here humble blog. Thank you for enjoying the pics :-) and unadulerated gratitude your way for having the patience to allow the posts to engage your mind. And *more* thanks for the heartfelt, albeit tempered by intellect, comments you've found fit to post here. *Kudos*!
Dear, dear, devilishly sexy Angel: It's only a pleasure to hear what you have to say, I mean that most sincerely. And though English is not your first language, I have to say that you communicate yourself, and the depth of your thoughts *exceptionally well*. Rest assured I'm thoroughly honoured to have you visiting my site... and to be communicating with you...and to be a fan of your art work as well ;-)
Post a Comment